Senior Program Officer, Rural Development Program at Justice, Development and Peace Movement (JDPM)
Justice, Development and Peace Movement (JDPM) is welcoming suitably qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Senior Program Officer. Check below for the full details of the position for Rural Development Program (RUDEP):
Job Title: Senior Program Officer (Rural Development Program)
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Employment Category: Regular
- Location: Oyo Town, Oyo
- Sector: Agriculture
Other jobs like this you might like:
About the Justice, Development and Peace Movement (JDPM)
Justice, Development and Peace Movement (JDPM) of Catholic Diocese of Oyo is a faith-based, non-profit and non- governmental organization which was established to cater for all people, with emphasis on the poor and the vulnerable irrespective of religion, race, age or gender. JDPM promotes holistic human development and strategic actions against ills of the society towards the realization of a just and egalitarian community through animation, conscientization, awareness, training, advocacy, supports, mobilization and networking. The organization is duly registered with the Cooperate Affairs Commission (CAC), Nigeria with registration number: CAC/IT/No 22933.
Job Overview / Summary
- Project design, start-up, implementation and close-out to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with JDPM program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles
- Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise.
- Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams.
- Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy.
- Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to Food Security and Livelihoods applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches. Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources.
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy or Crop, Soil & Environmental or Plant Science and Crop Production
- A Professional certificate in relevant field is an added advantage
- 4-5 years of consistent, proven, and successful experience in Agricultural project
- Demonstrated understanding or project management in a similar role/with similar responsibilities in a multi sectoral and multi donor environment
- Strong team management experience with sound capacities to work in a diversified team
- Willingness to work under pressure and stressful situations without minimal supervision and without compromising deadlines or quality
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and competency in word, Excel, PowerPoint, info graph
- Willingness to travel to field sites under demanding conditions
- Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Competencies in Power BI, ARCH GIS, SPSS is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Credentials to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date: 16th October, 2022.