SON Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form
We are pleased to inform members of the public that Standard Organization of Nigeria, popularly known as SON has began its 2022/2023 recruitment.
About the Organization
The Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) was established by an Enabling Act Number 56 of December 1971 – the Standards Organization of Nigeria cap 412 of the laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, with a commencement date of 1 January 1970, when the Organization started to function. The Act has three amendments: Act Number 20 of 1976, Act Number 32 of 1984 and Act Number 18 of 1990.
SON’s governing body is known as the Nigerian Standards Council. This is the Policy making body for supervising the administration and financial management of the Organization. The Director General of the Organization is the Chief Executive whose responsibilities revolve around the day-to-day administration of the Organization within the broad guidelines approved by the Council.
The mandate of the Organization includes preparation of Standards relating products, measurements, materials, processes and services amongst others and their promotion at National, Regional and International levels; certification of products, assistance in the production of quality goods and services; improvement of measurement accuracies and circulation of information relating to standards.
About the Programme
SON Recruitment 2022 Requirements
A B.Sc or Masters’s Degree from an accredited Tertiary Institution in any related discipline or an HND in a relevant course in any field of study. Also, having a good knowledge of computers and its basic applications to use for the work and proper delivery of various task as required by the organization.
Please note, at the moment, SON recruitment form is not yet out. We will update this webpage as soon as the form is online. Simply visit this website or SON Recruitment Portal on www.son.gov.ng to know when the form is out for 2022.
Facts to Know About SON Recruitment
SON full meaning is Standard Organization of Nigeria. It is a Federal Agency that handles several responsibilities in the government and as such it needs to recruit new workers from time to time. Once SON is recruiting, information will be released to the general public to keep them updated.
The Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) has clearly stated on the portal www.son.gov.ng that recruitment into the agency is transparent and completely free of charge to apply. This means that as long as you have the needed credentials, you should be eligible to participate in the recruitment exercise.
General Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications for SON Recruitment 2022/2023
You must meet the following requirements to qualify to work as a member of the Standards Organization of Nigeria.
- Must be willing to work in a new environment
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth
- Good knowledge about the Standards Organisation of Nigeria will be an added advantage
- Interested applicants must be mentally fit
- Interpersonal skill
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Enthusiasm for learning and achieving results
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Ability to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Candidates with bad criminal record excluding road traffic offenses will not be accepted to work with this agency
- Interested candidates must have good communication skills
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills
- Must possess a minimum of Five Credits in no more than two sittings in West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Credit in English is compulsory
- Interested applicants must be of good behavior and composure
- HND, B.Sc, NCE, or an OND certificate from a recognized institution
- All candidates must have a valid means of identification such as a valid driver license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card
- Applicant interested in the SON recruitment exercise must not be over 35 years
- Past working experience will be an added advantage
How to Apply for SON Recruitment 2022
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official web portal at https://son.gov.ng/
- Click on the available vacancies
- Read and follow the instructions carefully
- Provide all the necessary information
- Verify all your information
- Submit your application
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
Once successful, you will be contacted via e-mail and be scheduled for the next phase of the recruitment process, leading eventually to an exciting career with the agency.
- Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job
- Before submitting your application, make sure you are what you said you are
- You will be disqualified if you submit false documents
- SON recruitment form is free
- There will be screening and examination for all shortlisted candidates
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng