Store Manager at Lekki Freeport Terminal (1 slot available)
Lekki Freeport Terminal is currently seeking for a suitably qualified applicant to take the vacant position of a store manager. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Store Manager (Local – within Nigeria)
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Lagos Island, Lagos (On-site)
About the Job (Lekki Freeport Terminal)
- Under the general guidance of the Technical Director performs general clerical duties related to the Stores and inventory control functions for the department. Supervises and directs storemen as to ensure meticulous accuracy and responsible for ordering and stock control of spare parts and supplies for Technical Department.
- Plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the store and making sure the store runs smoothly and effectively.
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Responsible for maintaining the maximum and minimum stocks for preventive , corrective & breakdown Maintenance.
- Maintenance of inventory records, preparation of material orders, and the receiving, inspecting and storing of supplies disbursed on job orders and material transfers.
- Operate and maintain an effective engineering spare parts storage system.
- Maintain the correct engineering stock levels and maintain accurate records of all engineering materials transactions.
- Ensure that all engineering materials are receipted and booked in on the materials management system.
- Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
- Responsible to revise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs . In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Maintain the inventory of spare parts and consumables for the Technical departments, and re-order as necessary
- Receive spare parts and supplies onboard from suppliers and scheduled shipping containers into the inventory management system, and store in the correct locations.
- Maintain the onboard labeling, bar-code system and associated equipment and Scheduled inventory of spare parts of supplies.
- Supervises store men, reviewing their work as to ensure correct data is entered into the system.
- Follow the directions, processes and procedures as given by Technical Administrator, or other superiors.
- Receives requested materials from various suppliers after careful review of delivery notes, inspects items and enters data to the cost control desk.
- Provides recommendation report on item status for re-ordering, proper locations and discrepancies.
- Labels materials received with their corresponding item codes and stores materials in their allocated racks/location.
- Disburses the requested materials through store counter and records disbursed materials/transactions on the stores disbursement report sheet.
- Provides regular physical verification (inventory) on all stock items.
- Checks any discrepancies that are the result of the inventory check.
- Files and keeps all daily transactions such as GRN (Goods Received Notice), SD (Stores Demand), individual tools/accessories files and inventory reports etc.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding the location and inventory of spare parts.
- Follows the company’s procedures for the Stores Section. Follows health and safety procedures for the Section, especially those applicable to chemicals, flammable liquids, and gases.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to cost control desk, as needed.
- Performs any other related activities, as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Store Management or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- Requires the ability to follow instructions, assess daily priorities, and plan the work day.
- Requires an ability to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
- Maintained 5S culture.
- Requires good time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment
- Requires supervisory skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Expert in Technical Store Management & Inventory control system.
- Experience in a fast paced , demanding environment (Technical aptitude, Incident Management , Process development )
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- High standard in computer skill.
Critical Success Factors:
- A general understanding of storekeeping methods and procedures, including forms, coding, cross-checks, inventory control, and related activities.
- Requires familiarity with mechanical, electrical, and electronic parts that are used in port equipment, such as tractors, cranes, and other vehicles.
- Result Oriented, strong follow up , Negotiation skill.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.