Introduction: Strange Scholarships
Students frequently believe that in order to be eligible for scholarships, you must have perfect attendance or have shown financial need. The opposite is true, as you can see! We’re delving into odd and bizarre scholarships in this piece.
Let’s go into greater detail now.
The truth is that there are a ton—and when I say a tonne, I mean A TON—of odd scholarships available to help you pay for your college education. The qualifications for these scholarships range widely; some are essay competitions, while others are creative challenges.
Despite their disparities, these opportunities share a common thread. Based on your interest in hobbies, passions, or other distinctive characteristics of your personality, they hope to provide you money for school. It’s crucial to keep in mind that some of these scholarship programmes could also demand that you fulfil specific academic standards, like a minimum GPA.
There are a tonne of odd scholarships available for you to look into. This is a beginning point for your search for Strange Scholarships to help you with this part of the process. Read reading for our list of some of the most unorthodox, weird and unique scholarship possibilities that are out there for you to apply for.
The list of Strange scholarships
1. Too cool to pay for a scholarship for college
Any US high school, college, and graduate students of any year are eligible to apply!
Details: This is just a shameless plug—not some Strange Scholarships! This is a contribution from our own scholarship fund to aid students in paying for their higher education.
2. Awards for Doing Something
Money: Variable (often $500 to $2,000).
All American students who are 26 years old or younger are eligible.
All of Do Something’s scholarships require applicants to engage in volunteer work and activism in order to be eligible to win money.
3. Google Scholarship Doodle
Money: Varies ($5,000 – $30,000)
Students in kindergarten through grade 12 are eligible to apply.
For this award, you must submit an original doodle and a description of how it embodies your inner power. Doodles will be evaluated on their ability to communicate the theme and their aesthetic worth. Each of the winners of the national finals will receive $5,000, and the grand prize winner will receive $30,000.
4. Scholarship for the Vegetarian Resource Group
Money: Between $5,000 and $10,000
Eligibility: Available to graduating high school seniors in the United States who support vegetarianism (including veganism) in their settings.
5. Scholarship from the Tall Clubs International Foundation
Available to pupils who are “vertically gifted.” Men and women who are over 6’2″ and over 5’10” are included.
6. Scholarships from the American Association for Enology and Viticulture
Money: (up to $12,500)
Available to students majoring in enology or viticulture, or, in other words, the production of wine and grapes.
7. Scholarship for Greeting Card Creation
All high school and college students who are 14 years of age or older are eligible to participate.
Students are asked to submit an original photograph, work of art, or computer design for the front of a greeting card for this scholarship competition.
8. Stuck at Prom Scholarship
Money: ($500 – $10,000)
Available to students who are 14 years old and older. must be a citizen or legal resident of the District of Columbia and the United States. Residents of Maryland, Vermont, Colorado, and the Province of Quebec are not included in this.
The Stuck at Strange Scholarships is available to Students are given the task of designing their own prom attire using just Duck Tape® (Duck Brand). From $500 for runners-up to $10,000 for the two grand prize winners, awards come in different sizes.
9. Scholarship for Minecraft
Eligibility: Available to high school and college students who are US citizens. must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
You must compose a brief essay outlining your thoughts on how Minecraft might advance your academic and professional goals.
10. Scholarship for Rodeo Enthusiasts
All incoming and enrolled college students are eligible.
Details: For a chance to win a $500 scholarship, all you have to do is compose a brief essay about your rodeo experience.
Basic advice for scholarships
Because we’re talking about scholarships in this piece, it wouldn’t be appropriate to not include a few quick pointers for applying.
- Be YOU, Be UNIQUE! Unleash your originality is one of the most crucial pieces of advise I give students as they work on their applications. This tip is even more applicable to these strange and odd scholarships! The objective of writing essays for these possibilities is to make them distinctive from the competition.
- Before applying, confirm that you are qualified (and are aware of all application conditions). Although it ought to go without saying, I’ll nonetheless mention this advice here. Prior to beginning the application process, it is essential to confirm the eligibility and submission conditions for each scholarship you find. Doing so will limit the probability that you apply for an opportunity you’re not eligible for, or apply without all of the essential prerequisites!
- Ask for aid when you need it. I’ll be the first to confess that the scholarship application and search process can be perplexing. Don’t be hesitant to use your resources and ask for assistance, whether you have questions along the route or would need an extra set of eyes to read over an essay.
Conclusion on Strange Scholarships
You now have access to my constantly-updated list of bizarre, odd, and Strange Scholarships.
You might not qualify for any of the scholarships on my list up top. But the main point I want you to take away from this is that there are really scholarships available for everything!
Some students are misled into thinking that receiving a scholarship depends only on having an A+ grade point average or being a standout athlete. Hence, be sure to take into account all of your distinctive traits and interests as you submit applications for scholarships and other types of financial aid. You never know when they might come in handy!