Team Member (Corporate Finance Ratings) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently awaiting applications from qualified applicants in Lagos state, Nigeria. This opportunity is targeted towards individuals who are interested in filling the available position of a Team Member (Corporate Finance Ratings).
This job is in the field of banking or finances. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Corporate Finance Ratings
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Qualification: First Degree in Accounting
- Work experience: 4 to 8 years
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Job Field: Banking/Financial Service
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Financial Accounting Manager (FinTech/Unsecured Loans) at Black Pen Recruitment
- Team Lead (Middleware Management) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
- Team Member (Financial Reporting) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- Support the Head Financial Planning in driving capital, funding, and other strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the yearly rating exercise with various stakeholders.
- Liaise with the bank’s rating agencies to ensure prompt closure of outstanding requests.
- Engage with GFI team to ensure all outstanding financial information request from lenders are promptly attended to.
- Periodic review of the Bank and Group’s financial ratios to ensure compliance with various financial covenants with 3rd parties and verify that there is no breach.
- Perform monthly review of the balance sheet across entities with a view to driving increases in earning assets and reduction in non-earning assets.
- Undertake price-volume analysis of assets and liabilities across Group entities and recommend optimal mix.
- Support the Team Lead Balance Sheet Management in the preparation of ALCO, GALCO, and other required reports.
- First Degree in Accounting or any Social Science
- Professional qualification- ICAN/ACCA or CFA
- 4-8 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have an understanding of the macroeconomic environment and its impact on the banking industry, good knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills (Written & Oral), good understanding of accounting principles.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- An understanding of the macroeconomic environment and its impact on the banking industry
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Accounting principles
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Accounting Policies and Standards
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.