Team Member, Credit Control at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a Team Member for Credit Control. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Team Member, Credit Control
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Nigeria
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- Guards against income leakage by ensuring that all specified income/fees due to the bank are stated in the disbursement document.
- Ensures that credit approval terms are properly captured and conveyed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review all credit approvals to ensure that both the approval and the terms of the approval are consistent with the bank’s credit policy and regulatory requirements.
- Review all collateral documentation to ensure that they are consistent with the approved facility terms, bank’s policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepares guarantees and bonds.
- Reviews collateral documents to ensure that they meet stipulated conditions Prepares Credit Availment Ticket for sign-off.
- Preparation of management reports
- Issues credit approval communication memorandum to convey the approval terms of various credits.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- First Degree in Law
- Minimum of 3 years work experience required
- Basic knowledge of regulatory, policy and statutory requirements for availability of credits
- Good analytical skills
- Good writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good drafting skills.
Application Closing Date: 5th December, 2022.