United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a Team Member for Transaction Monitoring. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Team Member, Transaction Monitoring
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Nigeria
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
- To carry out ongoing monitoring of accounts in line with extant regulations and internal policy to identify and report suspicious transactions to the requisite statutory authorities.
- To manage and support the bank’s Compliance Risk Management strategy in ensuring that the Bank’s AML and Counter Financing of Terrorism efforts are in line with the Group standards and international best practices.
- To carry out enhanced due diligence reviews to prevent the Bank from being exposed to the risk of sanctions and associated financial/reputational loss that the Group may incur as a result of failure to comply with regulations
- Ensure capacity building of staff to improve Compliance culture in the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use of Actimize for Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM).
- Sanctions Screening Compliance.
- Money Remittance (Western Union & MoneyGram) Transactions Monitoring.
- Compliance Investigations, Reporting and Returns Rendition.
- Response to Request for Information (RFI) from Correspondent Banks.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- First Degree in any field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience required
- Experience in Compliance, Operations, Audit, Internal Control or Risk Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies & procedures.
- Deep understanding of the Bank’s Products, Services and Processes.
- Good knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Excellent understanding of national and International AML/CFT Regulations.
- Interpretation of red flags of unusual transactions into suspicious transactions reporting.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Good investigative skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills.
Application Closing Date: 5th December, 2022.