This is to inform the general public that Jhpiego Nigeria is currently recruiting for the position of Telemedicine Landscape Analysis Consultant (Remote). Interested and qualified persons should kindly go through the post below for full details:
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telemedicine Landscape Analysis Consultant
Position Reports To: Technical Advisor, Frontier Solutions
Department / Project: Global Solutions and Innovations / Nigeria Jhpiego Country Office
Period of Performance: During April – June 2022
Estimated Number of Days: 30 billable days over 8 weeks
Competencies and Skills
- Previous work in the digital health / telemedicine / private health sector in Nigeria
- Previous consultancy experience and examples of reports produced; similar work in doing landscape analyses of digital solutions preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and swiftly under tight deadlines.
Scope of Work
Jhpiego seeks a consultant who will conduct a landscape analysis in Nigeria to define the country context for the telemedicine implementation. The consultant will work collaboratively with Jhpiego to define any sub-national parameters and will conduct a landscape analysis that will include:
- Map key telemedicine stakeholders (e.g. government, private sector, telemedicine providers) and potential strategic partners in Nigeria for telemedicine implementation
- Provide an overview of the existing legal and regulatory framework supporting telemedicine (e.g. prescribing, scope of practice, insurance)
- Evaluate existing telemedicine platforms and companies including analysis of factors such as service delivery models, pricing and business model, geographic coverage
- Draft recommendations and value proposition for Jhpiego in telemedicine in Nigeria
From this landscape analyses, Jhpiego will have a clear picture whether or not a telemedicine solution might be feasible, acceptable, and impactful in a Nigeria country or context.
- A full list of relevant telemedicine stakeholders and potential strategic value
- A summary analysis of the overarching policy framework and regulations underpinning telemedicine in Nigeria
- A detailed analysis of existing telemedicine platform companies using an agreed upon format (e.g. spreadsheet)
- Detailed recommendations for Jhpiego in telemedicine in Nigeria presented in a summary PowerPoint presentation and detailed notes
- As Jhpiego is expanding its telehealth approaches throughout the organization, telemedicine (i.e. specifically defined as a technology supported interface between a provider and client to deliver health services), has been yet to be fully explored. Jhpiego is interested in exploring the opportunity that telemedicine creates to diversify service delivery and promote decentralized care to decrease the burden on health care systems and providers, while increasing access to quality care.
- Telemedicine is expanding access in several areas across health systems all over the world; most notably in primary health care, mental health, and specialty care and particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic context where essential services still need to be maintained. There are several opportunities across different levels of the health system particularly in low- and middle-income countries of which telemedicine can play a transformative role. Vetting telemedicine for Jhpiego will add to and expand upon our new and innovative service delivery methodologies yet stay rooted in a quality of care approach.
- Because every country has different policies/regulations, digital health systems, and health worker scopes of practice, it is important for such a landscape to be conducted at an individual country level or even sub-nationally, rather than be analyzed from a regional perspective. Jhpiego is undertaking a telemedicine landscape analysis in one country, namely Nigeria. Jhpiego Nigeria therefore seeks a consultant who will conduct a Telemedicine landscape analysis in Nigeria to define the country context for the telemedicine implementation. This 8-week consultancy will take place between April – May 2022 and will focus on a detailed analysis of the context, existing platforms and providing actionable recommendations to Jhpiego.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using “Telemedicine Landscape Analysis in Nigeria” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One single word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- If you have past relevant experience in this field and can provide work samples, please apply.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org