Outstanding UK Universities that Accept HND & Low GPA for Masters
Are you planning to pursue your Masters in UK Universities however are nervous about your low GPA? Whereas a superb GPA score helps to safe admission. Simply, there are a lot of schools/ UK universities that settle for low GPA and HND holders and create a stage enjoying area for worldwide college students to excel regardless of the rocky educational start. Listed here are the prime universities within the UK that settle for low GPAs for masters!
Firstly, one should know that education is a lot more than just going to school and getting a degree, it is about widening one’s knowledge, it is the passport for the future. Therefore, there are opportunities in the UK for students (UK Universities) with a third-class degree program and a Higher National Diploma (HND) program.
What is Considered as Good and Low GPA?
|UK Degree Classification||Grade/Percentage||GPA|
|First-Class Honours (First or 1st) – Very Good GPA||Grade A or 70% or above||4.0|
|Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) – Good GPA||Grade B or 60-69%||3.3-3.9|
|Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2) – Low GPA||Grade C or 50-59%||2.7-3.2|
|Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd) – Very Low GPA||Grade D or 40-49%||2.0-2.6|
How to Get into UK Universities that accept Low GPA for Masters
You may have a low GPA, however, this doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be able to secure admission to a university abroad. Follow these while applying to UK universities that will help you in your admission:
- Explain the reason for your low grades- You can include this either in a personal statement or SOP or during an interview. You can also write a separate letter in this regard.
- A strong personal statement/statement of purpose will prove greatly useful.
- Highlight subjects or study areas in which you have better scores– Though your overall score may be low, you can highlight the subjects in which you performed well.
- Good scores in exams such as GRE or GMAT will improve your application.
- Focus on other parts of your application- Include relevant professional experience, internships, project experience and personal skills and expertise.
- Enrol in Courses- Take up additional short certification courses online or otherwise that would show the admission committee the skills you developed and enhance your profile.
Kindly follow the above instructions to get into UK Universities
UK Universities that Accept Low GPA for Masters
Following is the list of university that accepts low GPA and is considered easy to get into:
- 1. University of Lincoln
- 2. London South Bank University
- 3. Bournemouth University
- 4. University of Northampton
- 5. The University of Sunderland
- 6. Birmingham City University
- 7. Coventry University
- 8. Sheffield Hallam University
- 9. London Metropolitan University
- 10. Kingston University
- 11. Coventry University
- 12. Sheffield Hallam University
- 13. Swansea University
- 14. University of Birmingham
- 15. University of Warwick
- 16. University of Portsmouth
- 17. University of Kent
- 18. University of Surrey
- 19. Northumbria University
- 20. Kingston University London
- 21. University of Bradford
- 22. Queen Mary University of London
- 23. Manchester Metropolitan University
- 24. University of East Anglia
- 25. University of Staffordshire
- 26. University of Plymouth
- 27. University of South Wales
- 28. Edinburgh Napier University
- 29. University of Essex
- 30. University of Hertfordshire
- 31. Buckinghamshire New University
- 32. Solent University
- 33. Roehampton University
- 34. Salford University
- 35. Queen Mary University of London
- 36. Robert Gordon University
- 37. Bishop Grosseteste University
- 38. De Montfort University
- 39. Buckinghamshire New University
- 40. York St John University
- 41. University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- 42. University of Winchester
- 43. University of Wolverhampton
- 44. Wrexham Glyndwr University
- 45. Anglia Ruskin University
- 46. University of Bolton
- 47. University of Hertfordshire
- 48. Canterbury Christ Church University
- 49. Leeds Trinity University
- 50. Leeds Beckett University
The following documents are required when applying for UK Universities
Documents required will depend on the course and the university you are applying to. Following are the standard documents required:
- Completely filled application form
- a personal statement – explaining your motivation for choosing the programme and University, explaining your low grades, any relevant skills and experience you have (through studying or work), and your future career aspirations and how this programme will support you in achieving this
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Copy of English language test scores
- Copy of GMAT/GRE test scores
- Self-attested X & XII marksheet and certificates
- 2 references, if required
- Copy of Passport
- Portfolio (for design courses)
- Research Proposal (for PG research programs)
THIRD-CLASS IN A BACHELORS DEGREE PROGRAM.
A Third-class degree is the lowest degree achievable in most modern universities with a grade point of 1.50 – 2.50 and a percentage of 40% – 50%.
Some students struggle to get high results during their bachelor’s degree program because they may find their course of study challenging, and unfortunately end up with a third-class degree. This may lead them to believe that they can only get jobs that involve answering telephones, making coffee, or handling a broom or a mop.
These students however are determined to further their studies and get a post-graduate degree that will open doors to more career opportunities. They should know that it is possible for them to get good opportunities to further their education regardless of their bachelors degree, and can find a decent job in a corporate organization.
A HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAM.
A higher national diploma program is a continuation of a national diploma (ND) program which are offered by Polytechnics, Monotechnics, and colleges of agriculture accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE). It is a one-year degree program that uses study and practical elements to prepare a student for a particular career.
Students with an HND degree can do a top-up degree program that will enable them to get a bachelors degree or a masters degree program.
Some students with a third-class in their bachelor’s degree program and others with just a higher national diploma (HND) program believe that they are not eligible to go for masters degree programs, however, they should be aware that admissions requirements for postgraduate courses vary by university, and an undergraduate degree is not the only factor in gaining a place for further study.
Popular Courses for Masters in All UK Universities
Here are some of the most popular masters courses to study in all UK Universities for Indian students:
- MA Economics
- Law (LLM)
- MSc/MA Finance
- MA/MSc Accounting
- MA/MSc Psychology
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Management
- MSc/MEng Computer Science
- MA Political Science
- Master of Engineering
- Masters in Communications
- MA Journalism
- MSc in Mathematical Sciences
- MA in English
For more, educational, job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng