Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto State that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic:
Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic is a state owned and managed polytechnic located in Sokoto State Northern Nigeria.
The polytechnic was established in 2002 in order to create more access to quality education in Sokoto state.
The polytechnic is committed to serving the world by promoting quality technological education in Sokoto and Nigeria at large.
Beyond academics the polytechnic also teaches her students high moral and promotes entrepreneurship.
Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic is often call SOSPOLY for short, the college has a relatively large student body, it’s tuition is quite affordable to the average nigerian and welcomes students from different parts of the country irrespective of their cultural background.
Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic Tution goes for about N100,000 and the polytechnic provides accommodation facilities for her students.
The polytechnic offers fulltime HND/ND courses cutting across Agricultural Sciences, Technology, Sciences, Arts, Management & other Social Sciences.
P.M.B. 2356 Sokoto, Sokoto State.
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic
Animal Health And Production Technology
Business Administration and Management
Chemical Engineering Technology
Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Local Government Studies
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Office Technology And Management
Science Laboratory Technology
Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study
and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: