It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses of University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about UNIABUJA that you are supposed to know.
About the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) is one of the most prestigious and popular universities in Nigeria because it is located in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). UNIABUJA was established in 1988 as a dual-mode university with the mandate to run conventional and distance learning programmes.
Today, UNIABUJA is respected all over the country. It is also among the most competitive institutions in Nigeria. One of the reasons why many students are struggling to gain admission into the university is because, the university is located at the capital city of Nigeria.
It is pertinent to note that gaining admission into the University of Abuja is not as easy as gaining admission in a normal state university in Nigeria. The university is very strict in giving out admission.
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements for 2021/2022 UTME Candidates
Below are the requirements for UTME admission into the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA):
- Candidate must possess at least, 5 Credit grades (C) in WASSCE/NABTEB/NECO or any equivalent in five subjects (English and mathematics inclusive).
- Candidates are expected to make the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) their first choice of institution. Second choice candidates will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates are expected to choose the correct JAMB subject combination for their courses to gain admission.
- Candidates must score at least, 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination to be considered for admission.
- UTME candidates must also purchase the university’s post UTME form and pass the examination excellently well.
UNIABUJA accepts two sittings results for admission. So, you can use more than one O’level result to apply for admission in the school. You might want to check my article on how to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission here!
Accordingly, it is important to not that UNIABUJA does not accept second choice candidates for UTME or Direct Entry admission. Thus, you must make the university your first choice of institution to gain admission this session.
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
For Direct Entry (DE) admission however,
- a candidate must possess at least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes or equivalent in addition to five (5) credit passes in other subjects including English Language and Mathematics at the ordinary level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and Grade II).
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements for Distance Learning Programme
- The Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE) is designed to cater for workers interested in getting a degree. Most of its lectures are conducted online, making it flexible and easy for workers to acquire a degree.
- Admission requirements for the degree courses run by the CDL&CE at the 100 level are credit passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics at the ordinary level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and Grade II) which must be obtained by a candidate at no more than two (2) sittings.
- Three (3) of the credit passes must be in subjects relevant to the degree course applied for.
- Admission into the CDL&CE does not require JAMB or post-UTME.
Accredited Courses Offered In UNIABUJA
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Arabic Studies
- Banking And Finance
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Christian Religious Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts
- Education And Arabic
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Christian Religious Studies
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And English Language And Literature
- Education And Geography
- Education And Integrated Science
- Education And Islamic Studies
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Social Studies
- Educational Management And Planning
- Electrical Engineering
- English And Literary Studies
- Environmental Education
- Guidance And Counselling
- Islamic Studies
- Library And Information Science
- Literature In English
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine And Surgery
- Political Science
- Political Science And International Relations
- Primary Education Studies
- Public Administration
- Veterinary Medicine.