This is to inform the general public that admission into the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is open to suitably qualified candidates from both Nigeria and the Sub-Saharan region of Africa. The M.Sc. for the Petroleum Engineering and Project Development programme is an International Collaborative Graduate programme between IFP School, France and the UNIPORT, Nigeria, delivered by the IPS and founded by the NNPC/ TotalEnergies E & P Nigeria Limited Joint Venture.
The aim of this professional master’s degree programme is to provide graduates with:
- Broad knowledge of traditional fossil fuels development
- Knowledge to explore the development of other energies for the African energy sector.
- Project Development
Come and experience the IPS
This MSc program will prepare you for the next steps in your career and you will learn from experts and industry leaders.
The institute’s faculty is made up of lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UniPort), Nigeria, IFP School, France, and specialists from the Energy industry in Nigeria and the diaspora. Learning is supported by modern day, state-of-the-art applicable industry software. You will participate in numerous field visits and reviews of field-case studies and visit several laboratories.
The Institute offers a conducive learning environment, equipped with internet access, virtual library, and hands-on training with student access to relevant information technology equipment.
The IPS hostel is of good standard with provisions that encourage and foster team spirit and collaboration amongst the students.
IPS graduates have a 95% internship and employability rate in the oil and gas industry on graduation.
The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) was established in 2003, as a bold effort to bridge the skills gap between theory of the classroom and the practical and changing needs of the oil and gas industry.
Programme Duration: The programme is an intensive full-time study programme that runs for twelve (12) calendar months, non-stop.
Award of Degree: Successful students shall be awarded a joint Masters’ degree from the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria and IFP School, France.
Admission Requirements (UNIPORT)
Candidates must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering.
Additional consideration may be given to company sponsored personnel already working in the oil & gas industry, with a minimum of 5 years relevant upstream petroleum experience, a Second Class Honours Lower Division, with a CGPA of not less than 3.00 on a scale of 5.00.
Graduates of the IPS Postgraduate Diploma, who meet the admission and screening requirements, may also apply.
- Application is via www.ipsng.org/
- A non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20, 000) only will be required to be paid online to start the application procedure.
- Names of short-listed candidates will be published on the IPS website www.ipsng.org.
- The programme is a tuition paying program and successfully admitted students shall be responsible for their tuition or seek for sponsorship.
- Kwara State College of Nursing Oke-Ode Admission Form 2023
- Taraba State College of Nursing and Midwifery Admission Form 2023
- Admission Form 2023: Millennium College of Nursing Science, Akwa
- UEC College of Nursing, Ochadamu Admission Form Portal 2023:
- Kogi State College of Health Sciences and Tech, Idah Admission 2023
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Completed hard or e-copy Application Forms with credentials, must be returned to The Admissions Officer, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East West Road, PMB 2, UniPort Post Office, Choba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, West Africa on or before Friday, June 30th, 2023.
- Thursday, July 13th, 2023: Aptitude Test –
- Thursday, July 20th, 2023: Oral Interview-
- Monday November 13th, 2023: Academic activities for the session will start.
Any change will be communicated by e-mail. For enquires please contact +234 9090624900 or email the Admissions Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org