Here’s your chance to apply for a scholarship to study in Sweden! Be sure to stick to the end.
University of Gothenburg Scholarship Overview
The University of Gothenburg is inviting outstanding students to apply for the International PhD Student Positions in Theoretical Plasma Physics for the academic session 2022/2023.
The University of Gothenburg International Scholarship program attracts candidates from around the world who wish to start a full-time PhD degree at the university.
Established in 1981, the University of Gothenburg is one of the major universities in northern Europe. It is environmentally certified and works actively for sustainable development.
The PhD candidates selected will be offered employment for four years full-time at the University of Gothenburg.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students can apply for this University of Gothenburg International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD in Theoretical Plasma Physics at the University of Gothenburg.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Has been awarded a second-cycle qualification,
- Has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second cycle, or
- Has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- To meet the specific entry requirements for third-cycle studies, applicants must:
(i) have a second-cycle (advanced-level) degree in a relevant* subject area in the natural sciences, or
(ii) have completed studies for at least 60 higher education credits at a second-cycle level in relevant subject areas in the natural sciences, or
(iii) have completed a corresponding programme of relevance to the planned third-cycle programme, in Sweden or in another country, or have equivalent qualifications.
- How to Apply: Students interested in applying for the studentship must log in here to submit an admission application first.
Students must include the supporting documents in PDF format in their application to be considered for the studentships.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal letter
- Diploma and Transcripts
- Proof of completion of an English course
- Two references
- Admission Requirements: For the admission in a doctoral program, you must have a master degree.
- Language Requirement: The specific entry requirements also include an acceptable command of spoken and written English.
Guidelines for assessing English proficiency may include a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test (or 213 on the TOEFL-CBT, or 79 on the TOEFL-iBT).