Utility Technician at West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) for the vacant position of a Utility Technician. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Utility Technician
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- Department: Technical Services
Other jobs like this you might like:
About West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) operates one of Africa’s largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Kastina, Niger, and other states across Nigeria.
The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high-quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. We educate the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and train women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems on plant facilities and various Boiler & compressors.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner,
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
- Performs operations and maintenance of Boiler and air compressor / other compressors.
- Utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
- Keep stock of spares
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces, working at heights, dusty/dirty and around chemicals.
- Strictly adhere and conform to all QMS standard.
- Ensure data are used or processed for the purpose set for such data and ensure absolute confidentiality while processing or using personal data. Get the consent of the data subject before collecting, processing, and using data.
- HND, ND or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance environment.
- Technical/vocational training
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metalworking skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
- Additional Information
- Working knowledge of applicable HSE regulations
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent reasoning and decision-making ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.