Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarship Overview
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is pleased to announce the PhD Scholarships in Legal History and Construction History for students interested in research on questions that relate to;
the assessment of practical knowledge in cases of liability and negligence for the academic year 2022-2023.
This Vrije Universiteit Brussel International Scholarship has especially been announced for international and domestic students undertaking their PhD study at the Faculty of Engineering;
Department Architectural Engineering of Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Winners will be selected from students with a relevant MA qualification and will be offered a grant with various other benefits such as transport reimbursement, insurance, meals at exclusive prices, etc.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an autonomous and democratically managed university.
It is a Dutch and English-speaking research university located in Brussels, Belgium, and ranks 201st in the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
The PhD candidates selected by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will be provided the following benefits:
- Full reimbursement for home-work commute with public transport according to VUB-policy, or compensation if you come by bike
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance
- The space to form job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN;
- Excellent facilities for sports and exercise
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in its campus restaurants
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance, and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries, including the host country, i.e., Belgium, are eligible to apply for this Vrije Universiteit Brussel International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the PhD programme at the Faculty of Engineering, Department of Architectural Engineering at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates with expertise in historical research and affinity for legal and/or institutional history. Affinity for construction history and architecture history is a plus.
- The applicants must be having good editing skills, to be demonstrated by a sample of writing: a copy of the MA thesis and/or a research paper.
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply for admission via the university portal. The scholarship application must be submitted online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- Highest degree transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an MA in History, MA in Architecture, MA in Architectural Engineering, or an MA in Law.
- Language Requirement: The students must have a B2 level in English and must have fluent passive knowledge of both Dutch and French.
- TOEFL iBT with minimum level: 79
- IELTS with minimum level: academic module 6.5
- ITACE with minimum level: B2
- Cambridge English Qualification Scale with the following minimal level: 170