WASH Manager at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a WASH manager. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: WASH Manager, P-4
- Employment Type: Contract
- Location: Abuja
- Job no: 557566
- Level: P-4
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
For every child, Water, Hygiene & Sanitation
- UNICEF Nigeria has a strong WASH programme that focuses on systems strengthening, service delivery including institutional WASH and humanitarian response to support the government to reach its goals and the WASH-related SDGs.
- This WASH Manager position will oversee the WASH Behaviours pillar, specifically our support to the Clean Nigeria Campaign to scale up sanitation, and for hygiene promotion, including implementation of the Hand Hygiene for All Road Map.
- The role also supports humanitarian WASH, which is mainstreamed into the programme. UNICEF Nigeria recently scaled up its integrated humanitarian response plan, and is leading humanitarian response in the education, WASH and nutrition sectors in the country, as well as the child protection sub-sector.
- But there is still much to be done in achieving institutional WASH targets. Join our team and help create a better world for every child.
How can you make a difference?
- The WASH Manager reports to the Chief WASH for general guidance and direction.
- The Manager supports the Chief in managing the WASH section, and in leading the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme.
- The Manager provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to ensure the achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country programme.
- The Manager provides authoritative advisory services to government and sector support agencies and interacts with government at senior levels.
- In particular this WASH Manager position will oversee the WASH Behaviours pillar, specifically our support to the Clean Nigeria Campaign to scale up sanitation, and for hygiene promotion, including implementation of the Hand Hygiene for All Road Map, as well as related grant management.
- The role also supports humanitarian WASH, which is mainstreamed into the programme.
Key Function, Accountabilities and Related Duties / Tasks.
- Management support to the Chief of WASH
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Advisory services and technical support
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: An Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering or another relevant technical field. Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are required.
- Developmental: A minimum of eight years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required. One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- Humanitarian: At least six months of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month deployment mission (with UN-Govt-INGO), is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People
Application Closing Date: 12th December, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).