United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a WASH specialist. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: WASH Specialist, NOC
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Abuja
- Job no: 557559
- Level: NO-3
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
Other posts you might like to see:
- WASH Manager at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Operations Specialist (Risk Compliance) at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
For every child, Sanitation
- UNICEF Nigeria has a strong WASH programme that focuses on systems strengthening, service delivery including institutional WASH and humanitarian response to support the government to reach its goals and the WASH-related SDGs.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- The WASH Specialist (Sanitation) reports to the WASH Manager for guidance and general supervision.
- The Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the sanitation and hygiene aspects of the WASH programme within the country programme.
- The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the sanitation and hygiene-related output results in the country programme.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To Qualify as an Advocate For Every Child You Will Have
- Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries, including one year deployment in a developing country.
- Language Requirements: Oral and written proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, You Demonstrate
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it.
UNICEF Competencies Required for this Post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
Application Closing Date: 12th December, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance.
- Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions.
- Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).
- Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF.
- UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.