WASH Specialist, NOC at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a WASH specialist. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: WASH Specialist, NOC
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Abuja
- Job no: 557559
- Level: NO-3
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
Other posts you might like to see:
- WASH Manager at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Operations Specialist (Risk Compliance) at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
For every child, Sanitation
- UNICEF Nigeria has a strong WASH programme that focuses on systems strengthening, service delivery including institutional WASH and humanitarian response to support the government to reach its goals and the WASH-related SDGs.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- The WASH Specialist (Sanitation) reports to the WASH Manager for guidance and general supervision.
- The Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the sanitation and hygiene aspects of the WASH programme within the country programme.
- The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the sanitation and hygiene-related output results in the country programme.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To Qualify as an Advocate For Every Child You Will Have
- Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries, including one year deployment in a developing country.
- Language Requirements: Oral and written proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, You Demonstrate
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it.
UNICEF Competencies Required for this Post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
Application Closing Date: 12th December, 2022 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance.
- Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions.
- Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).
- Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF.
- UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.