There are a few things JAMB candidates should know and do before JAMB registration. This will help them not to make some mistakes that could have been avoided. If you are preparing for 2023 JAMB registration, you are advised to read this.
This post will guide you on the important things that you need to do and know first before applying or proceeding with the process of completing your JAMB registration form so as to avoid mistakes.
Other posts like this:
- MOUAU Part-Time Admission Form For 2022/2023 Session
- WAEC GCE Registration Form, 2023 (1st Series) out
- Official JAMB 2023 UTME/DE Registration form is out
Get all Personal Information and Required Documents Ready
Ensure that information like your Name, Age, Gender, State and Local Government of Origin, etc that will be provided during the registration are correct and are the same in all the documents to be uploaded during the registration. Many students end up losing their admission because the information provided during JAMB registration does not correlate with other documents like the O’level results, birth certificates, etc. Although JAMB usually gives candidates the opportunity to correct these mistakes. However, to be on the safe side, make sure you carefully spell your name and provide other required information correctly during registration.
JAMB has made the National Identification Number (NIN) compulsory for 2023 UTME/DE registration. We advise all candidates to get it before going for the UTME/DE registration.
Note: The Minimum age for admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria is 16 years. If you are not up to 16 yet, Then I guess you should wait till you are up to the age.
Know The Course You Want To Study:
Do not choose a course for any other reason other than the fact that you really want to study that course. Do not equally let anyone choose a course for you. Look inward, what do you have passion for? What courses are related to the subjects you are good at in Secondary School? These are things to consider before choosing the right course.
Know The Right UTME Subject Combination
The wrong subject combination is one of the major reasons candidates fail to gain admission into higher institutions every year. Each course you want to study has a specific UTME/O’level subject combination. For instance, if you are applying for an engineering course, you will have to sit for mathematics in UTME. Similarly, if you are going for any medical-related course, you will have to sit for Biology in UTME.
Choose The Right Institution
Just like in choosing a course you need to also carefully choose an institution. Don’t just think of big names like UNIBEN, UNILAG, UNILORIN, ABU, etc. You may really not have a very good chance of securing admission in those big schools. The important things to consider in choosing the right institution are :
- If the school has the course you intend to study
- If the course is accredited
- If the school is prone to strike
- What the school fees is like
How To Avoid Mistakes During JAMB Registration
To avoid making these mistakes, JAMB candidates are to ensure they do the following;
- Ensure you do your registration only at an Accredited JAMB CBT Registration Centre
- Make sure you are there with the person helping you with the registration at an accredited centre. That way, you can easily see when they make a mistake and point it out for correction.
- Ensure they carefully fill out the form and go through every detail before final submission
- Go through the JAMB Brochure to know the available courses in a school as well as the required O’level and UTME Subject combinations.
Have you downloaded and activated the First Class JAMB CBT Mobile App for Android phones and Software for Computer systems? This will enable 2023 UTME candidates to get familiar with the CBT environment and cover JAMB Past questions. To download now, visit this link: First Class JAMB CBT Mobile App for Android phones and Software for Computer systems