Wintel Manager at 9mobile Nigeria
This is to inform the general public about a full-time job in Lagos Nigeria. 9mobile Nigeria is seeking for qualified applicants who can fill in the available position of a wintel manager to be employed immediately.
This job best suited for those specialized in the field of Executive/Management. Kindly go through the full details of this position in 9mobile Nigeria below:
- Job Title: Manager, Wintel
- Job ID: IRC4501
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Summary in 9mobile Nigeria
Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of all Microsoft Infrastructure Software across Business, Service and Resource / Infrastructure capacity development and governance across enterprise systems.
Principal Functions of the Manager
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Microsoft Infrastructure system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Partner with business leaders, IT service operations team and other relevant stakeholders to identify Microsoft Products in line with Business requirements
- Responsible for planning of Microsoft Infrastructure systems upgrades and deployment.
- Provide technical and operational support in management of multiple Microsoft Infrastructure in a highly dynamic business environment and to support business
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Windows operating systems
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for Windows operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems
- Perform daily Windows operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades
- Maintain backup of the Windows operating system network
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on Windows operating system environment in EMTS through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance
- Monitor Windows systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to the end users and ensure timely resolution of Windows system problems
- Collaborates with business, information security, database and application development teams to define and design scope for each project
- Develops and maintains system and project documentation including progress reports of the environment and systems
- Delivers support/ engineering which includes design, system upgrades, maintenance and enhancements, new implementations and solutions, root cause analysis and resolving performance issues
- Perform configuration, management and maintenance tasks for the following: Microsoft Windows Server platform, Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft Clustering as well as virtualization technologies.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by Head of IT Operations.
- Degree level education with a solid all-round knowledge of IT and its use within a business environment with minimum of 6 years experience
- Expert in Microsoft Infrastructure Software
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server platform (configuration, security, debugging crashes or poor performance, understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor and I/O – disk and network)
- Expert in Microsoft Public (Azure) Cloud
- Proven professional experience with Virtualization (VMware vSphere & Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Good overall knowledge of Microsoft System Center Suite
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a supportive environment, this will include dealing with escalations from the business, providing feedback and dealing with several projects and problems simultaneously in an effective manner.
- The position holder must be capable of working on their own initiative within the procedures and guidelines laid down.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to senior management level.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to work extended hours and travel to other sites/regions as required
Application Closing Date: May 17, 2022
For more information about 9Mobile Nigeria and the position of a manager (wintel), you may visit the official website below: