The general public is hereby informed that a workshop manager is needed at Lekki Freeport Terminal for immediate employment. Interested candidates are free to apply for this job.
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Indirect reports To: Technical Director
- Under the general guidance of the Technical Maintenance Manager ensure efficient & high quality supervision for the technical staff and execution for all technical repairs and maintenance for container terminal Equipment’s . Continuously making sure that no interruption to the service offered by each equipment to operation with the best technical mean as possible to delivered safe & reliable equipment.
- Organizes the work assignments among the various yard equipment maintenance & repair team, so that schedules are met Monitoring Maintenance job activities (maintenance & breakdown repair, maintaining spare parts, accidents investigation , managing manpower , managing contractors , Managing documentation etc.…).
- Responsible in leading and providing guidance to maintenance team in handling specialized technical repairs for the terminal equipment’s towards achieving equipment reliability and availability.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Develop the preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program of Terminal & Workshop Equipment’s.
- Planning and scheduling of Machine, Manpower and Material and Break Down Analysis and Elimination of Repetitive Break Down.
- Responsible to Annual Maintenance budget preparation and tracking through analysis of expenses and cash-flow
- Responsible to Planning and procurement of spares required for all Maintenance activity.
- Needs to drive the staff in a way that everyone follows the right process and duties, being all able to perform the job.
- Responding to and quickly correcting all quality and staff under-performance issues.
- Needs to coordinate and drive the team annual leave plan in a way that all staff can take leave by respecting the defined rules.
- Responsible to revise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs . In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Must maintain high customer’s level satisfaction by being proactive in the resolution of the issues.
- Ensures that all type of maintenance and repair of the yard equipment and other port equipment are maintained and/or repaired in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of equipment.
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop maintenance staff to ensure technical skills are maintained, and that a transfer of that knowledge is made to employees whenever appropriate.
- Ensure that breakdowns are repaired promptly, and that the repair work does not disrupt the Operations. Control overtime through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the technical department, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Creates, issue purchase requisitions of material/parts & Authorizes finishing (closing) open work orders
- Writes accident reports; participates in accidents/damage evaluation/costs/Investigation
- Organize meetings with the staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate group to achieve these goals.
- Implement the maintenance and repair of all Yard Equipment and associated support equipment to ensure maximum operational capabilities.
- Identify and recommend stock levels for components and assemblies which are required; consequently authorize, or seek authority, within budgetary limits to purchase specific items.
- Monitor the manpower levels and requirements within his Department. This will also include an active role in the recruitment and subsequent employment selection process.
- Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, and measures taken to prevent future injuries. Ensures good housekeeping practices throughout the workshop.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed and Brief daily activities to Maintenance Manager and seek advice as required.
- Supervises any sub-contractors that are working on specific projects, related to repair.
- Monitoring the on going development projects & keep updating and feed back in regular basis.
- Ensures appropriate records for maintenance are maintained. Performs other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Achieve and maintain all terminal KPIs.
- Demonstrate clear understanding and execution of the daily maintenance plan .
- High level of analytical & troubleshooting skill for port equipment’s .
- Required exceptional time management due to fast moving demanding work.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
- Seamless handover between Shifts.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma/ Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical/ Mechatronic/ Electromechanical), other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- High standard in computer skill.
- Expert in PLC software and Hardware.(Brand: Siemens )
- Expert in Hydraulic , Pneumatic & Mechanical system maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Expert in all type of Port Equipment Maintenance.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various equipment, and heavy industrial machinery.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Must have knowledge of general supervisory principles..
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities including planning, organizing, and directing work..
- Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date