Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic (WUFPBK) courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Waziri Umaru Fed Poly?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic WUFPBK:
Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi (WUFPBK) was formerly founded and called the Sokoto State College of Technology.
It was set up by the State Edict No 5 of 1976 which enabled the Institution to take off on 1st of October, 1977.
The College then had its Temporary Site in Farfaru in Sokoto State. The College finally moved to the Permanent site in Birnin Kebbi in 1980.
The College changed to the status of the Polytechnic of Sokoto State, in 1980.
The Bill enabling the change as set up by the Government is known as Bill No5 of 1980 and this came into operation on the 1st of April,1980.
The Institution became the Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi with the creation of Kebbi State in August, 1991.
On the 7th of January, 2002 the name of the Polytechnic was changed to Waziri Umaru Polytechnic.
However, in January 2007, the Federal Government took over ownership of the Polytechnic from the State Government and thus became Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi.
Since its establishment in 1976, the Institution has turned graduates who are found in both the Public and Private Sectors of the economy contributing in the overall growth of the National Economy.
23/25 Ailegun Road, Ejigbo, P.M.B 21764, Ikeja.
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in WUFPBK:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in WUFPBK
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) & HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) COURSES:
In no particular order, the list of courses approved and currently run by WUFPBK are as follows;
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Science laboratory Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Public Administration
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Local Government Studies
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Computer Science
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Building Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Architectural Technology
- Agricultural Engineering/Technology
WUFPBK ND Admission Requirements.
- Candidates must meet WUFPBK cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Entry Requirements for HND Candidates
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution, and to run any Waziri Umaru Federal polytechnic Birnin Kebbi Courses, at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
In addition to National Diploma requirements,
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: